City of Arabel
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Search
    • Register
    • Login

    Carving Staffs Prices off

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Closed Bugs
    15 Posts 3 Posters 96 Views
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Z
      ZLandrloff @Mr.Moloch
      last edited by

      @Mr-Moloch

      ok maybe i didnt make it clear the wizard staff is t1= 10g t2= 6800 t3 6000 total 20010k.
      the same staff for a cleric staff of death t1=10g t2= 800 t3=6k total 6810
      staff of wisdom 10g, 800, 6k same bonus
      only other one is the staff of agis that is a wizard staff that cost in total 20010k

      staffs give t1, t2, t3, spell slots and +2, +2 skills and then some usable spells. why is it the mage cost alot more.. same with druid and all the other staffs they only cost 6810 total

      Mr.MolochM 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote
      • Mr.MolochM
        Mr.Moloch @ZLandrloff
        last edited by

        @ZLandrloff The cost is based on the total value of each staff in the toolset, minus the cost of any earlier staff. If something costs more its because its worth a lot more in the toolset.

        In the future, there are two simple rules to remember:

        NO SPITTING.

        DO NOT CROSS MISTER MOLOCH.

        https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ?si=uHdfqTMS7FMTWREf

        Z 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote
        • Z
          ZLandrloff @Mr.Moloch
          last edited by

          @Mr-Moloch

          so cleric, druid, divine souls get a total cost 6820 gold staffs with spell slots 1,2,3 +2 skill and +2 skill and spells .. are lesser casters and beings then a wizard that gets the same 1,2, 3 spells slots +2 skills +2 skills. and spells and pays 22210 for a staff

          Z 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote
          • Z
            ZLandrloff @ZLandrloff
            last edited by

            maybe a voice chat and a visual explanation of what im seeing might help

            Mr.MolochM 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote
            • Mr.MolochM
              Mr.Moloch @ZLandrloff
              last edited by

              @ZLandrloff Sure, you can post some pictures - that may help because whatever you're saying isn't getting to me.

              In the future, there are two simple rules to remember:

              NO SPITTING.

              DO NOT CROSS MISTER MOLOCH.

              https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ?si=uHdfqTMS7FMTWREf

              Z 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote
              • Z
                ZLandrloff @Mr.Moloch
                last edited by

                @Mr-Moloch

                Ok, I think I can explain what I'm seeing better with the actual staffs.

                I'm not questioning how you calculated the crafting price from the toolset value. I understand what you're saying there: if the toolset says the item is worth more, the crafting recipe ends up costing more.

                What I'm questioning is why the toolset value is so much higher when the actual benefits of the staffs are very similar.

                For example, look at the High Priest Staff of Death T3.

                Total crafting cost:
                T1 = 10g
                T2 = 800g
                T3 = 6,000g
                Total = 6,810g

                Its T3 Greater Power gives:
                70768df9-88b3-4226-a5c4-71a1c2edfc7e-image.png

                Now compare that to the Staff of Power T3.

                The Staff of Power costs around 20k+ total to craft, but its Greater Power is giving essentially the same type of benefits.

                And this isn't just the Staff of Death.

                Most of the other staff lines I've looked at — cleric, druid, divine soul, etc. — end up costing around 6,810g total. They still get the spell slots, +2 skill bonuses, and their usable spells/powers.

                The wizard staffs are the odd ones out.

                The Staff of Power and Greater Staff of Aegis are around 20k+ total, while most of the other T3 staffs are around 6.8k total.

                So I understand that the toolset is saying the wizard staffs are worth substantially more.

                What I'm trying to show is that I don't see where that extra value is coming from in actual use.

                If one staff costs around 6,810g and another costs around 20,000g+, I would expect the 20k staff to be substantially better. But when I compare what the staffs actually give the character, I'm seeing very similar bonuses and powers.

                That's the part I think needs to be looked at. It may not be the crafting-price formula that's wrong — it may be whatever properties on the wizard staffs are causing the toolset to value them so much higher.

                Mr.MolochM 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote
                • Mr.MolochM
                  Mr.Moloch @ZLandrloff
                  last edited by

                  @ZLandrloff Can you toss up a picture of the wizard staff? Its possible what we have here is a typo somewhere in a price - but a side by side can help me figure out and know exactly where to go double check my notes and see what is happening.

                  In the future, there are two simple rules to remember:

                  NO SPITTING.

                  DO NOT CROSS MISTER MOLOCH.

                  https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ?si=uHdfqTMS7FMTWREf

                  Z 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote
                  • Z
                    ZLandrloff @Mr.Moloch
                    last edited by

                    @Mr-Moloch
                    a1cdc31d-aea4-48d7-b668-1c12067f79ef-image.png
                    af99f5cd-2426-4ee5-bd6d-9ec7c3ef0d10-image.png
                    c34c522f-b5e8-466f-a38b-e11a33d83136-image.png
                    b230bac4-e16e-4a2a-82d8-a190cb06e164-image.png

                    Z 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote
                    • Z
                      ZLandrloff @ZLandrloff
                      last edited by

                      @ZLandrloff

                      92365231-efff-4aa9-b296-21b2ca4770e8-image.png
                      7c1e6d08-03c8-495a-be14-cad45c5aac44-image.png

                      Mr.MolochM 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote
                      • Mr.MolochM
                        Mr.Moloch @ZLandrloff
                        last edited by

                        @ZLandrloff Right, I'd hoped you'd show the powers - you already said the prices. :D

                        I'll go look at them myself, but I'll need to find some time to do the comparison screenshots. So please be patient!

                        In the future, there are two simple rules to remember:

                        NO SPITTING.

                        DO NOT CROSS MISTER MOLOCH.

                        https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ?si=uHdfqTMS7FMTWREf

                        Mr.MolochM 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote
                        • Mr.MolochM
                          Mr.Moloch @Mr.Moloch
                          last edited by

                          @Mr-Moloch Ok, looked myself. Yes, its a typo. The staff that only adds one more slot and 2 skills was entered in wrong. It shouldn't be 6800 it should have been 800. Typo.

                          In the future, there are two simple rules to remember:

                          NO SPITTING.

                          DO NOT CROSS MISTER MOLOCH.

                          https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ?si=uHdfqTMS7FMTWREf

                          Z 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote
                          • Mr.MolochM Mr.Moloch moved this topic from Bug Reports
                          • Z
                            ZLandrloff @Mr.Moloch
                            last edited by

                            @Mr-Moloch

                            much love and sorry i did think of that

                            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote
                            • 1 / 1
                            • First post
                              Last post